Implant Retained Dentures
The best method of tooth replacement is the dental implant. Basically, a dental implant is a substitute for natural tooth roots, and forms a stable foundation for the permanent replacement of your teeth. They also act as a support for full and partial dentures, since the implants integrate with the bone to act as an anchor for the replacement teeth.
Dental implants can also help in the preservation of the bone by providing the stimulation that was provided by the natural tooth root system before extraction. This will help to maintain the integrity of your facial structure.
Dental implants are the closest possible replacement for natural teeth, and the best way to restore your natural smile. Implant retained dentures are more stable and feel more "real" than most of the other types of dentures. Implants have a long clinical history as a proven restoration option with an excellent success rate. Dental implants can replace a single tooth or several missing teeth. The majority of patients who have chosen dental implants report that they are happy and comfortable for the first time since losing their natural teeth. The cost of dental implants is also becoming a more affordable option. Ask your denturist now if dental implants might be the right solution for you.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Increases your oral health
- Increases your ability to eat better
- Improves your appearance and self-esteem
- Increases the comfort of your denture
- Increases the stability of your denture
- Helps to prevent bone loss
- Reduces tissue shrinkage (resorption)
- Restores your mouth to its natural state, allowing better long-term aesthetics, while bringing out the beauty of your natural smile and improving the quality of your life